Connect STEM to Standards Through Project Based Learning
One focus of the Oregon Coast STEM Hub is to help teachers integrate STEM education into what they already are doing in their classrooms. Use this page to link to the standards teachers are required to address and explore how Project Based Learning can be used to make connections to both STEM and standards.
This Venn diagram shows commonalities between the NGSS and CCSS Standards. Click to enlarge.
Project Based Learning Resources and Examples
- Critical Thinking Pathways - Edutopia, Aug 19, 2014 article about curriculum pathways that promote critical thinking: inquiry, PBL and integrated studies
- Project Based Learning Resources - Web resources for designing PBL
- Oregon Coast Regional STEM Center (2012 - 2015) - This Math Science Partnership collaboration involves Lincoln County and Tillamook County School Districts.
- PBLs 2013-14 - Access the Project Based Learning examples created and implemented by coastal teachers
- OCAMP - Oregon Coast Aquatic and Marine Science Partnership in Lincoln County School District (2009 - 2012)
- Understanding Science - Created by UC Berkeley, the mission of Understanding Science is to provide a fun, accessible, and free resource that accurately communicates what science is and how it really works.
- 21st Century Skills - What do educators mean when they say 21st century skills? This glossary defines how the term is used and gives examples.